Via Moruzzi 1, Pisa (IT)
I am a Senior Researcher at CNR-ISTI and External Prof. at UNIPI.
I am also a member of the KDD-lab: a joint research team that connects the Computer Science Dept. of the University of Pisa, CNR-ISTI, and SNS.
Within the lab, I coordinate the research activities on Complex Network Analysis.
My research focuses on modeling, characterizing and forecast emerging (social) behaviors leveraging complex networks and AI/ML techniques.
My recent research spans over the following topics:
- dynamics on and of complex networks;
- feature-rich and higher-order network modeling;
- polluted information environments;
- online well-being;
- cognitive network science.
I am always open to new collaborations and opportunities.
Thesis and Internships
- BSc and MSc students can contact me for thesis and/or internship supervision.
- Prospective PhD students: get in touch and check the programmes in Computer Science and AI for Society at the University of Pisa.
Are you interested in visiting the KDD lab? We coordinate an H2020 EU project that provides funds to cover visiting expenses.
Social Network Analysis Laboratory
Are you tired of orchestrating python dependencies to setup you network science environment? Give a try to SNA Lab our Docker container designed to offer a ready-to-go Jupyter Lab customized with all the major complex network python libraries!
|Oct 1, 2023||Paper and Abstract accepted at Complex Networks and Their Applications.|
|Aug 19, 2023||Paper accepted in Scientific Reports.|
|Aug 18, 2023||Paper accepted in EPJ Data Science.|
|Jul 8, 2023||Paper accepted in Journal of Data Science and Analytics.|
|Jul 1, 2023||Paper published in Big Data and Cognitive Computing journal.|
|Jun 12, 2023||Paper published in New Ideas in Psychology Journal.|
|Jun 9, 2023||Paper published in Applied Network Science journal.|
|May 23, 2023||New Preprint “Cognitive network science reveals bias in GPT-3, ChatGPT, and GPT-4 mirroring math anxiety in high-school students”!|
|Apr 17, 2023||Two abstract accepted at IC2S2 2023!|
|Mar 31, 2023||New Preprint: “Mass Media Impact on Opinion Evolution in Biased Digital Environments: a Bounded Confidence Model”|
- ∆-Conformity: multi-scale node assortativity in feature-rich stream graphsInternational Journal of Data Science and Analytics 2022
- Feature-rich multiplex lexical networks reveal mental strategies of early language learningScientific Reports 2023
- Modeling algorithmic bias: simplicial complexes and evolving network topologiesApplied Network Science 2022
- Attributed Stream Hypergraphs: temporal modeling of node-attributed high-order interactionsApplied Network Science 2023
- Mass Media Impact on Opinion Evolution in Biased Digital Environments: a Bounded Confidence ModelScientific Reports 2023
- Towards hypergraph cognitive networks as feature-rich models of knowledgeEPJ Data Science 2023